Chairman and CEO - GDF SUEZ
Gérard Mestrallet was born in Paris on April 1, 1949. He is a graduate of Ecole Polytechnique, Ecole de l’Aviation Civile, Institut d’Etudes Politiques (Toulouse) and of Ecole Nationale d’Administration.
Gérard Mestrallet was Civil administrator in the Treasury and Advisor on Industrial Affairs to Jacques Delors, Finance Minister.
In 1984, he went on to become Advisor to the Chairman of Compagnie Financière de Suez. In 1986, he was then appointed Senior Executive Vice President in charge of Industrial Affairs.
In February 1991, Gérard Mestrallet became Executive Director and Chairman of the Management Committee of Société Générale de Belgique, and held this position until 1995.
In July 1995, Gérard Mestrallet was appointed Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Compagnie de Suez.
In June 1997, Gérard Mestrallet was Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Executive Board of Suez Lyonnaise des Eaux until May, 2001, when he was appointed Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Suez.
In July 2008, Gérard Mestrallet was appointed Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of GDF SUEZ, who was renamed Engie in 2015.
Gérard Mestrallet is :
– Chairman of the Board of Directors of :
- GDF SUEZ Energy Management Trading*
- GDF SUEZ Energy Services*
- SUEZ Environnement Company
- GDF SUEZ Corporate Fondation *
– Chairman of :
- GDF SUEZ Rassembleurs d’Energies* (SAS)
- Paris Europlace
- Fondation Agir contre l’Exclusion (FACE)
- Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers (CNAM)
– Vice-Chairman of the Board of Directors of :
- Sociedad General de Aguas de Barcelona (AGBAR) (Spain)
– Director :
- International Power Ltd*
– Member of the Supervisory Board of :
- Siemens AG
- IPEMED (Economic Foresight Institute for the Mediterranean Region)
– Member of the European Round Table of Industrialists (ERT)
– Honorary Chairman of theInternational Economic Advisory Council of the Mayor of Chongqing
– Advisor of International Council of the Mayor of the Shanghaï
– Member of the Board of Trustees of Tongji University (Shanghaï)
– Honorary Doctorate from Cranfield University (UK)
(*) GDF SUEZ Group