- Invited by
- Le Cercle des économistes
Philippe CHALMIN is Professor Emeritus of Economic History at the University of Paris-Dauphine and Director of the Master 212 "International Affairs". He is :
- Founder and President since 1985 of CyclOpe, the main research and study structure in France on international markets.
- Economic columnist on BFM and BFM TV at Le Figaro and Le Monde.
- President of the Observatory of Price Formation and Food Margins to the Minister of Agriculture and the Minister of Economy and Finance.
- Author or Director of some forty books and numerous scientific articles.
- Consultant to the World Bank and the European Union.
He was from 1998 to 2000 President of the Société d'Economie Politique of which he is now Honorary President. He is a member of the Academy of Overseas Sciences and the Academy of Agriculture.
Philippe CHALMIN is a graduate of HEC (1974), agrégé d'histoire (1977), Doctor of Letters and Humanities (PhD in History) (1981).
Since the end of the seventies, he has been following the evolution of world commodity markets with a particular focus on agricultural issues.
Session 14Producing in a world of scarce resources