- Le Cercle des économistes
- Dean of Sciences Po Public Affairs School, Paris
- Professor of Economics, Sciences Po, Paris
- Affiliate researcher: IZA (Institute for the Study of Labor) and CEPR (the Center for Economic Policy Research), Labor, Public Policy and Macroeconomic Economic Program
- Member of the Economic Analysis Council
- Member of the Circle of Economists
- Professor of economics at the Paris School of Economics and at the University of Paris Est.
- Professor and Visiting Fellow at Harvard and MIT
- Assistant Professor at the University of Paris I - Sorbonne
- Aggregation of universities in Economics
- Post-Doctorate, University of California San Diego, UCSD
- Doctorate in Economics, University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne
Prizes and Awards
- Best Economics Book - High School Student Prize 2012: "La Fabrique de la Défiance ... (How to get out of it)", with Pierre Cahuc and André Zylberberg, Albin Michel 2012.
- Best Book of Economics and Best Essay: "The defiance society: how the social model destroys itself", with Pierre Cahuc, Editions Ulm-CEPREMAP, 2008.
- Best Young Economist: The Circle of Economists - Le Monde in 2009.
- European Grant ERC for the Trust 2000-2014 project
- The origins of populism, with Elizabeth Beasley, Daniel Cohen and Martial Foucault. Threshold September 2019
- Cultural integration of immigrants in Europe, Oxford University Press, 2012, with Alberto Bisin, Alan Manning and Thierry Verdier
- “The Factory of Defiance”, with Pierre Cahuc and André Zylberberg, Albin Michel, 2012.
- "The society of mistrust: how the social model is self-destructing", with Pierre Cahuc, Editions de la Rue d'Ulm, CEPREMAP collection.
- CORE Project - THE ECONOMY
- “Cultural Values: the legacy of History”, Journal of Economic Literature, 2014
- “The social impact of ethnic diversity: A randomized trial”, with Camille Hémet and David Laitin, 2014. Revise and Resubmit Journal of Political Economy
- “The superiority of economists”, with Marion Fourcade and Etienne Olion Journal of Economic Perspectives, 2014
- ‘‘ Family values and Labor Regulation ”, with Alberto Alesina, Paola Guiliano and Pierre Cahuc, Sciences Po, 2014 (New York times coverage), Journal of the European Economic Association
- “Efficient and Inefficient States”, with Pierre Cahuc and Marc Sangnier, Sciences Po 2014 (IZA top 5). Economic Journal
- “Trust, Institutions and Economic Development”, with Pierre Cahuc, Handbook of Economic Growth, Eds Aghion and Durlauf, 2013
- “Trust and Growth”, with Pierre Cahuc, Annual Review of Economics, 2013
- “Teaching practices and Social Capital”, with Pierre Cahuc and Andrei Shleifer, American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, 2013
- ‘‘ The State and the Civil Society in the making of Social Capital ’, with Philippe Aghion and Pierre Cahuc, Journal of European Economic Association, vol. 9 (1), p. 3-42, 2011
- ‘‘ Regulation and Distrust ”, with Philippe Aghion, Pierre Cahuc and Andrei Shleifer, Quarterly Journal of Economics, 125 (3), pages 1015-1049, 2010
- "Inherited Trust and Growth", with Pierre Cahuc, American Economic Review, 100 (5), pages 2060-92, 2010
- ‘‘ The economic situation of Immigrants and their Children in France, Germany, and the UK ’, with Cristian Dustman, Albert Glitz and Alan Manning, Economic Journal, 2010
Areas of expertise: Labor Market, Business, Management and Innovation; Economy of Happiness