Protection of personal data by le Cercle des économistes.
Le Cercle des économistes is dedicated to ensuring the security and confidentiality of personal data that may be processed in connection with the activities and services it provides.
The purpose of this data protection policy is to inform you about the commitments made by le Cercle des économistes in protecting the privacy of citizens.
1 What data is collected?
Le Cercle des économistes minimises the collection of all data and ensures that only data strictly necessary for the purpose for which it is intended is processed. Le Cercle des économistes ensures that it does not deal with sensitive data.
Users provide this information knowingly, particularly when they enter it themselves (mainly when completing forms).
No personal information about any person or user of the http://lecercledeseconomistes.fr or https://www.lesrencontreseconomiques.fr website is published without their prior knowledge, or exchanged, transferred or sold to any third party. The transmission of personal information would only be permitted in the event of company acquisition, in which case it would be transferred to the prospective purchasers, who, in turn, would be bound by the same data retention and protection obligations.
- The referral URL by which the user accessed the http://lecercledeseconomistes.fr or https://www.lesrencontreseconomiques.fr website,
- The user’s internet provider
- The user’s Internet Protocol (IP) address.
Using the http://lecercledeseconomistes.fr or https://www.lesrencontreseconomiques.fr website may result in cookies being stored on the user’s computer. A cookie is a small file that does not identify the user, but rather records information about a computer’s navigation on a website. The data thus obtained is intended to facilitate subsequent navigation of the website, as well as enable various measurements of visit frequency.
Refusing to install a cookie may result in the user not being able to access certain services. Users can, however, configure their computers as follows, to prevent the installation of cookies:
- In Internet Explorer: select the ‘Tools’ tab (illustrated by a cog at the top right-hand side of the screen), then ‘Internet Options’. Click on ‘Confidentiality’ and choose ‘Block all cookies’. Confirm with ‘OK’.
- In Firefox: At the top of the navigation window, click the ‘Menu’ button and then go to the ‘Options’ tab. Select the ‘Privacy & Security’ tab. In the drop-down menu choose: ‘Use custom settings for history’. Finally, select the ‘Block cookies and site data’ box to disable cookies.
- In Safari: Click on the ‘Menu’ icon (symbolised by a cog) at the top right of the browser. Choose ‘Settings’. Click ‘Show Advanced Settings’. In the ‘Privacy’ section, click ‘Content Settings’. In the ‘Cookies’ section you can disable cookies.
- In Chrome: Click on the ‘Menu’ icon (symbolised by three horizontal lines) at the top right of the browser. Choose ‘Settings’. Click ‘Show Advanced Settings’. In the ‘Privacy’ section, click the ‘Content Settings’ button. In the ‘Privacy’ tab you can disable cookies.
2 What are the purposes of processing personal data?
Data processing by Le Cercle des économistes is carried out with an explicit, specified and legitimate purpose. Data collected is mainly used for the following purposes:
- To manage your registration to events organised by le Cercle des économistes.
- To manage your subscriptions to le Cercle des économistes publications.
- To improve your digital experience when using our platforms and in particular our websites.
3 What are the rights of data subjects ?
All data subjects have the following rights:
- Right to information
La Cercle des économistes’ personal data processing procedures are clearly communicated from the moment your data is submitted. This information covers:
- the name and contact details of the data controller and, where applicable, the controller’s representative;
- where applicable, contact details for the data protection officer;
- the purpose and legal grounds for personal data processing;
- where applicable, the legitimate interests pursued by le Cercle des économistes or a third party.
- the recipients or categories of recipient of the personal data,
- where applicable, whether le Cercle des économistes intends to transfer personal data to recipients in other countries or international organisations;
- the envisaged period for which personal data will be stored, or, the criteria used to determine this period;
- the existence of the data subject’s right to request from le Cercle des économistes access to or rectification or erasure of their personal data or to request the restriction of its processing or to object to such processing. Additionally, the right to data portability as well as the right to determine how data is handled after death;
- the existence of the data subject’s right to withdraw their consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- the existence of the data subject’s right to lodge a complaint with the CNIL (French Data Protection Authority).
- information on whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether the data subject is obliged to provide their personal data and the possible consequences of failure to provide such data;
- the existence of automated decision-making processes, including profiling, as well as meaningful information about the logic involved and the significance and envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
The format in which this information exists will determine how it is processed (data collection form, signage boards for video operations,…).
- Right to object
You have the right to object, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of your personal data, unless this data is required to meet legal obligations.
- Right to access
You have the right to ask le Cercle des économistes for confirmation as to whether or not your personal data is being processed.
Le Cercle des économistes reserves the right to deny the right to access if legal requirements prevent them from doing so.
Furthermore, le Cercle des économistes is not required to respond to requests that are manifestly unreasonable, in particular in terms of the number of requests or their repetitive or systematic nature (for example, weekly requests for a full copy of a recording).
- Right to rectification
You may ask le Cercle des économistes to rectify any of your personal data which you deem to be inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten (erasure)
You may ask le Cercle des économistes to erase any of your personal data, providing it is in line with current data protection legislation.
- Right to restriction of processing
You may ask le Cercle des économistes to restrict the processing of your personal data, providing it is in line with current data protection legislation.
- Right to data portability
You have the right to submit a data portability request to le Cercle des économistes, providing this can be legally justified under current data protection legislation.
4 Where can I exercise these rights ?
You can make a request in writing and send it to:
Cercle des économistes SAS
16 rue Jean Mermoz
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All requests must be accompanied by a form of identification.
5 Where is personal data sent ?
Le Cercle des économistes only shares your personal data with specific authorised recipients.
These are mainly internal employees and external service providers that we use to manage the services that le Cercle des économistes are asked to provide.
6 Where is personal data kept ?
Le Cercle des économistes pays particular attention to how data is stored and asks its service providers to comply with current data protection regulations.
Wherever possible, Le Cercle des économistes endeavours to store all data in France or in a member state of the European Union, unless the data which you have provided was inputted by you in a third country.
7 How long is data stored for?
Le Cercle des économistes only stores data for the duration necessary to carry out the operations for which it was originally intended and in accordance with current legislation.
8. Is data securely stored ?
Le Cercle des économistes ensures the secure physical and digital storage of personal data.
9. Contact details
For information regarding Le Cercle des économistes’ personal data protection policy, please contact: email@example.com