Alfonso PRAT GAY
- Former Minister of Treasury and Public Finance
Experience in public sector :
- Minister of Tresury ans Public Finance (2015-2016)
- Member of the House of Representatives (2009-2013)
- President of "Coalicion Civica ARI" parliamentary bloc (2011-2013)
- President of the financeCommittee of the House of Representatives (2009-2011)
- President of the Central Bank of the Argentine Republic (2002-2004)
Experience in private sector :
- Founder of Tilton Capital, an asset management company based in Buenos Aires (2005-2015).
- Founder and Chairman of “Andares”, an NGO fostering Microfinance Development (2005).
- Head of JPMorgan Currency Research in London (1999-2001).
- Strategist for JPMorgan's Emerging Markets Prop Trading team (1998-1999).
- Member of JPMorgan Economic Research Team in New York and Buenos Aires (1994-1998).
- Director of Macroeconomic Studies at Alpha S.A. in Buenos Aires (1989-1992).
- Ph.D. Candidate in Economics (University of Pennsylvania). Master of Arts in Economics (1994).
- Degree in Economics from Universidad Católica Argentina (1988; Suma Cum Laude).
- Visiting Professor of Finance, Universidad Nacional de Tucumán.
- Assistant Professor of Finance at Torcuato Di Tella University (2005-2008).
- Teaching Assistant (University of Pennsylvania, 1993).
- Assistant Professor of Economics at Universidad Católica Argentina (1988-1992).
- THE INTERAMERICAN DIALOGUE
- ITAÚ UNIBANCO, Latin American Strategic Advisory Board
- HAKLUYT, a British strategic intelligence and advisory firm
- CARI-Consejo Argentino de Relaciones Internacionales
- CEMIC- Centro de Educación Médica e Investigaciones Clínicas
- THE BRENTHURST FOUNDATION, fostering
- Africa´s economic performance
- Fundación Amalia Lacroze de Fortabat
- Finance Minister of the Year, 2016 (Euromoney Magazine).
- Most active Representative in the Chamber of the House (2013).
- Central Bank Governor of the Year, 2004 (Euromoney Magazine).